Sunday, October 19, 2008

Soft Cake with Carrot & Raisin


After my long hiatus, i finally did my baking, but sadly it's a flop! Blamed it on the.... recipe? stupidity? It's a steamed cake, and should be the easiest cake that anyone can make, right? I must be too complacent and not thinking at all. The title is soft cake, but mine turned out as hard and chewy than anything else. After a while, i realised where my mistake is ...... i didn't beat the egg mixture enough at all. I missed the word 'fluffy' that is called for in the recipe... sigh!

I've 'borrowed' this recipe book from my brother, and I've not returned him ever since....kekeke. Bet he doesn't need to use it anymore? This recipe book is all about low-sugar desserts and cakes, so there's no need to cut down on the sugar level, which i used to do for some of the recipes that i use.

I will try this again, since it is really a easy one. It probably takes less than 30 mins to prepare and wash up.

Ingredients/ Method:

2 eggs
80g sugar
1 tsp cake emulsifier
200g superfine flour
1 tsp baking powder
120ml milk
100g carrot, grated
1/3cup raisin

1) Sift flour and baking powder, and set aside.
2) Combine eggs and sugar until fluffy.
3) Add cake emulsifier, flour, baking powder and milk. Beat together for about 5 mins or until the mixture is fluffy.
4) Put in grated carrot and raisin and mix well.
5) Spoon into mini paper cups.
6) Steam over medium heat for 5-7 mins.

No comments: