Salmon, Egg and Cheese Mini-Pies
(makes 4 ramekins)
(Recipe from Domestic Goddess Wannabe, with modifications)
1/4 yellow onion, diced
3 tbsp pumpkin puree
1 egg, boiled and chopped
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar/mozzarella
Salt and pepper to taste
Black pepper to sprinkle
- Pan-fried salmon. Roughly mash them using fork. Set aside.
- In a pan, saute onions for 2-3 minutes in extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add salmon, salt and pepper. Stir to mix.
- Add pumpkin puree, stir to mix. Transfer into a bowl to cool.
- Greased ramekins with vegetable oil.
- Add a scant tablespoonful of batter, followed by 2 tablespoons of filling and 1-2 tablespoons of Cheddar/mozzarella. Top with another tablespoon of batter.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake at 180C for 30 minutes, or until the tops of the pies have turned golden brown.
- Cool completely before removing from muffin pan and storing in fridge (2-3 days) or freezer (up to 3 months).
1/4 cup Bisquick mix* (pls refer below for homemade bisquick mix)
1/4 cup milk - this can be whole milk or low-fat milk
- Whisk Bisquick mix, milk and eggs in a bowl until combined.
Homemade Bisquick Mix:
3 cups plain flour, sifted
1/2 tablespoons baking powder, sifted
56.7g cold butter or shortening
- Place flour, baking powder and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Use a pastry cutter (or food processor) to cut in the cold butter until evenly incorporated. (I used rubbing-in method.)
- Keep in refrigerator for up to 4 months.