So, here's one of few salmon dishes that I'm going to prepare.
Salmon with mushroom ragout
A) 3 pieces of salmon
salt and black pepper to taste
B) 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp mayonaise
dash of black pepper
dash of dried parsley
C) 15 shiitake mushrooms, chopped into big chunks (diced the mushroom stems - very small cubes)
white beech mushrooms
D) 1 yellow onion, sliced in rings
- In a pot of boiling water with salt, boil potatoes for about 5-10 mins or till potatoes is soft. Drained potatoes and in a bowl, mash them using fork.
- Add mayonnaise, black pepper and dried parsley to mashed potatoes. Stir to mix evenly. Set aside.
- In a pan, add 2 tsp olive oil and fry broccoli. Add salt to taste. Add 2 tbsp water and let it simmer till almost reduced. Set aside.
- Saute yellow onion till become translucent. Set aside.
- In a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil, medium-low heat, fry the diced mushroom stems for about 2 mins before adding the big chunks mushrooms, followed by beech mushrooms. Fry till fragrant, add salt and black pepper to taste, about 5-7 mins. Add 1 tbsp water and let it simmer for about 1-2 mins. Set aside.
- In a non-stick pan with 2 tbsp olive oil, pan fried salmon and sprinkle salt and black pepper to taste.
- To serve, scoop dollop of mashed potatoes on plate, add mushrooms, followed by salmon. Put broccoli and onions at the side. Sprinkle some black pepper and dried parsley on the salmon.